Lori Diane Cooper Leadership Development Scholarship
The purpose of this scholarship shall serve to promote and recognize positive, constructive leadership skills and training in medical laboratory technologists. The funds will be derived from interest born by donations from professionals, vendors of equipment and supplies for laboratories, and other interested parties. A maximum of $250 may be awarded each year.
General Terms of Reference
- Applicants must be members of SSMLT or SSMLT/CSMLS.
- Applicants must have completed a course/program related to enhancement of leadership skills and methods. The application for this scholarship must be received by March 31 of the year following the calendar year during which the course/program was completed.
- The applicant must exhibit leadership qualities. This person must be visibly able and willing to work productively with people, seeing differences and variations as strengths, and an opportunity to unify and build.
- This person must be positive in attitude, gentle yet strong in progress.
- The application will require the applicant to submit a brief essay of 500 words or less describing how different personalities and varying agendas in technologists can be made to work together to achieve a common goal! The applicant will also provide contact information for two work references
- This scholarship may and need not be awarded annually; only as it becomes obvious that a person with the above qualities has applied, or has been nominated by co-workers.
Lori Diane Cooper Scholarship appplication will be accepted until March 31st of each year.
How to Apply
Complete the Scholarship Application Package Form below and return by email email@example.com