Temporary Practicing Members- Working under Supervision
Temporary licences are issued for a limited timeframe to work under supervision of a licence MLT. Applicants for temporary membership that are not CSMLS certified must submit evidence of eligibility to write the CSMLS examination and evidence of application to CSMLS examination that includes applicant name, CSMLS number and examination date.
Temporary Practicing Members may be:
New graduates that have completed Medical Laboratory education program and are eligible to write the Canadian Certification exam or have written the Canadian Certification exam but have not received results.
Refer to application information for New Graduate Non-Certified
International Educated MLT
Internationally Educated MLT that has completed the Prior Learning Assessment (PLA) from the CSMLS and are eligible to write the Canadian Certification exam or have written the Canadian Certification exam but have not received results.
Refer to application information for IEMLT
Former Practicing MLT
Members that do not have the required practice hours or Continuing Education required by MLT Act bylaws, may be eligible for a Temporary licence for a limited timeframe to obtain the required practice hours or Continuing Education. Contact SSMLT office for instructions. firstname.lastname@example.org
Temporary Practicing Members shall:
- complete the prescribed form and pay the prescribed registration and licensing fees to SSMLT;
- provide documentation of successful completion of a medical laboratory technology educational program or completed CSMLS Prior Learning Assessment (PLA);
- provide documentation of acceptance to write the required examinations;
- complete and submit Acknowledgement of Supervision Form
Temporary Practicing Members will :
- shall receive the publications of the Society;
- shall receive a copy of Society documents designated for distribution to practising members;
- shall adhere to the Code of Professional Conduct as adopted by the Society;
- shall adhere to Standards of Practice adopted by the Society.
Temporary Practicing Members may not be eligible for Professional Liability Insurance.
Refer to Temporary (Non Certified) Process Chart .