At the discretion of Council, this category of membership may be available to individuals employed in a medical laboratory setting. This may include, but not limited to, Medical Laboratory Assistants/Technicians, Combined Laboratory/Xray Technicians/Technologists, and individuals with an equivalent degree.
A person may make application on the prescribed form to become an Associate of the Society upon producing evidence establishing to the satisfaction of the Council that the person:
- has completed a laboratory educational program;
- is of good character;
- shall sign the Code of Conduct and Standards of Practice Adherence Agreement;
- is not a certified Medical Laboratory Technologist.
A person who is an Associate of the Society;
- does not have voting privileges in the Society;
- does not have access to Professional Liability Insurance through the Society;
- shall receive the publication of the Society;
- shall receive a copy of Society documents designated for distribution to practicing members;
- shall be entitled to member rates for conferences;
- shall have access to the Society continuing education material if a resident of Saskatchewan;
- shall adhere to the principles of the Code of Professional Conduct as adopted by the Society;
- shall adhere to the principles of the Standards of Practice adopted by the Society.
The annual subscription fee for an Associate of the Society is provided by SSMLT office.